lilly blog header REVISED

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sweet Lilly



Hi everyone, Long time no post! I apologize. I have been totally sucked up into the baby zone. Eat,play, sleep. Take a bath. Eat, play, sleep. Repeat day after day! I am not complaining. I love it. Lilly is a joy and brings happiness everywhere she goes. People are always very drawn to her. For one she is beautiful but more than that she has a spirit that is strong and graceful. She seems to bring a lot of comfort with her presence. We had a scare in late January .... Lilly had a febrile seizure in the middle of the night and we had to go to the ER in an ambulance. I thought she was choking on phlegm (sp?) and then she lost conciusness. I called 911 and then she came to but I had no idea what had just happened. It turns out that a febrile seizure is caused by a sudden rise in temperature. So she had gone to bed with no fever and it developed quickly between the hours of 10pm and 1am. We came home from the hospital emotionally drained and spent the next several days holding her on the couch. The ER Dr. thought she had a virus that would run it's course. Four days later and she was worse instead of better so off we went to Convenient Care late Sunday night (Super Bowl Sunday to be exact) and she ended up having chest x-rays and was diagnosed with pneumonia. That was a couple of weeks on the mend. She is all better now and on the go. She is not walking or crawling but she is moving around the furniture pretty good and can hitch herself on her belly pretty well. She is still eating anything and everything and looks like a picture of health. She is sleeping on my lap as I write this. Her favorite word is cat and even the dog is currently a cat. She seems determined to get this word exactly right before she moves onto the next one. She understands lots of English though - she knows kiss, hug, clap and she is great parrot and will copy any facial expression that we make. I can feel the nickname coming..........Silly Lilly. She is hillarious and cracks us up all the time. She has a very developed sense of humor and entertains us daily. She loves her brothers and her sister very much and it is so sweet to watch how they each have their own special relationship with her. Hope all is well with everyone reading - I will post some more recent pictures in the coming week.
Love, Kimberly and Lilly

1 comment:

Carpenters said...

She is so precious! I know just what you mean about being in the baby zone. Our two little ones have kept me busy pretty much 24/7 since we came home. It is such a blessing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy (belated) Birthday, Lilly! I'm glad you are feeling better now. (Cats are my favorite too.)

With Love,
Penelope

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips