lilly blog header REVISED

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Beginning

Listening to Sugarland

This is always so  nice to see....who doesn't smile at a place called the Sunshine State???


Lilly picking her first orange

A little help from Dad Dad

I love how intent she is on what he is telling her

Our first orange eaten right from the tree....it doesn't get better than that!!!

So here we are at Day #6 since we left home. We have actually fit in quite a bit.
We drove all day Thursday and then spent the night in Fredricksburg, Virginia.
A very nice hotel with an Olive Garden right next door.
We had dinner there and turned in pretty early to get rested for another day of driving.
On Friday we made it to Florida and stayed overnight in Jacksonville. This time we ordered pizza in and just relaxed and again went to bed early. On Saturday we made our way to my Dad's friends house. They live in
Tavares which is just north of Orlando. They live on a lake with cypress trees and orange trees and grapefruit trees and of course the dreaded fire ants! I forgot to ask about alligators and look how close we are to that water. Do you ever get scared in retrospect??? Kind of a strange sensation isn't it???
Knowing my father the way that I do I can't imagine we would be in any danger, he is the King of Safety.
After our snack and a quick visit with my Dad's friend Helen we traveled on to Tarpon Springs.
I will post the pictures of that leg or our journey later today or tomorrow....but for now we are off to the library with Lisa and her sister Jody. Then some lunch and then some more relaxing. I am beginning to rest way down deep inside of myself. It feels very healing. 

No comments:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips