lilly blog header REVISED

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Rock and the Daisy

When I was a little girl I had a recurring dream that I still think about today. I cannot remember the last time I had the dream but I remember every vivid  detail.
In  the dream I was walking along a dirt road, if I had to guess an age I would say somewhere between 6 and 9. I was calm and content and the air was warm and the sun was shining. As I walked I noticed a daisy growing next to a big rock. When I got close enough I bent to pick the daisy and it was impossible. It felt like it weighed 10 tons. There was no way I could lift this daisy no matter how I tried. I don't know why I decided to try and lift the rock but I did. Much to my surprise I was able to lift it instantly and it was light as a feather. This was very disorienting and I wanted to tell somebody about it right away. I looked up and all of my family and all of many of my friends were coming around a 90 degree turn in the road up ahead. I hurried towards them excited and even a bit scared about what had just happened. I wanted somebody to explain it to me and help it make sense.
As I got closer to them I noticed they were all walking in a very robotic manner and the look on their faces was vacant and disturbing. I was waving my arms and making a commotion trying to get them to notice me.  I was calling their names and jumping up and down and they just kept walking, never speaking a word or giving me any eye contact. They walked right past me and kept on going, never looking back. I stared at them walking away from me for just a short while. I remember feeling so scared and alone and wondering what would I do , where would I go...where would I be safe.
When I was walking along the road towards the rock and the daisy the road was clear on both sides with big open fields, lots of green but no trees. Now that I was at this bend in the road it was deeply wooded on my right and as far as I could see up the road. I began to walk alone in the opposite direction of my 'people'.
Then I woke up.
I had this same exact dream many, many times.
What do you think?
Tomorrow I will tell you some of my thoughts.
Strange.
Very, very strange.

No comments:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips